Monday, March 11, 2013

Putting It All Together

Accessed from OpenClipArt.org
In an attempt to better help my students, I have been thinking a lot about how I use the Internet. I am thinking while I am tweaking a photo.

When I first started using the Internet, I mainly used it for email. I then moved to being an information and news junkie. I also started using the Internet to find guitar tabs, and to make them.

A few years ago I bought a DSLR camera and I needed to learn how to use it. As I didn't have anyone I could talk to face to face, I learned everything I know now about photography online.

I have learned through a variety of blogs, forums, and videos. So most of what I have gathered I have had to read.

I have to raise the bar on what my students can read [both on and off line] and I need to bring them up to a level where they are comfortable gathering information online.

I think I need to do weekly search sessions. Maybe I can have my students do one search session a week on a topic about our unit. I could set it up to have them gather information, and even use Haiku Deck again.

It might be good for me to continue to do the same lesson as I did in class 1 until they get it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment