Monday, March 4, 2013

Course 1 Project

This is my course 1 final project as it stands now. I have already started the process, and I can see that finding information is a challenge for my students, so I just made a custom search engine for them.

It is an easy process. Simply go to and insert the webpages you want the students to search. The hard part for me was finding a place to put it. I decided on using our class Google account to take advantage of iGoogle until it is shut down in a few weeks.

One of the goals of this lesson is to have the students learn how to search better. As they are in first and second grades it is more of teaching them search for the first time so I want them to get started on the right foot. This is a different era from where I started with the Internet directories.

Anyway, this is just a draft, so all comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment