Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Teachable Tangents

We were just starting a lesson in writing last week when I was eliciting ideas from my students.

"Tell me something about colors," I said.

After a few responses, someone said, "we can't see without them!"

Another student had remembered a comment I made earlier in the unit about not being able to see without color and jumped on the opportunity by yelling out, "that's not true!"

Hearing this I decided to ask them how they can find out if it is true or not. So I posed the question, "how can we find the answers to this and the other questions we have asked in this unit so far?"

I gave them each a sticky note and let them jot down their ideas.

I really enjoy taking these tangents as we go through our learning journey. It is nice to be able learn in an almost seamless way.

No comments:

Post a Comment