Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Geometric Shape Art Using Kidspiration

Student Art WorkWhen we started our geometry unit, I brought my students into the computer lab and had them open up Kidspiration. Under the Math menu, there is an option for Pattern Blocks.

This allows the students to select shapes and put them on the canvass. They can rotate the shapes and change colors.

I told my students to go ahead and make anything they wanted using only shapes (my next idea is to have them make a picture using only one shape instead of many). May idea and what I modeled was for them to put a bunch of blocks onto the canvas and then move them around and see what they would find.

It did not work out that way. Many students copied my bird although one made a really interesting bird from the front.

Then I saw one student who had this. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment