Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Creativity

My coworker sent me a link to this awesome resource. This Prezi presentation entitled Tech Tools to Support Creativity in the Classroom has links to many online tools to use in the classroom.

When I clicked on "What is your definition? [of creativity]", I was a little disappointed at the responses. I don't know what I was looking for, but answers like "think outside of the box" is a mundane answer to a question about creativity. I think if you surveyed 100 people about what creativity is, more than 90 would say "think out of the box".

So what is my definition? [In terms of teaching] I think creativity is taking something and making it exciting. I don't think an idea has to be "out of the box" necessarily.

Imagine you met a teacher who taught engaging lessons. You went in and saw that person and were blown away. Now imagine you found out that person took their ideas from someone else. Would that make this teacher less creative?

No comments:

Post a Comment