Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Kids are going to use it so how can we stop them?



Made with Craiyon, Prompt: "cartoon bots doing what they want in a classroom"

A colleague said aloud in the staff room, "ChatGPT is down!"

(I think he was reading an article about it.)

I told him that I was able to use it earlier in the morning after I read that the IB is now allowing it according to an article in The Guardian. I wanted to confirm that I had read in their terms of use that they restrict usage to users 18+. 

He replied that we cannot control what happens outside of school and if students sign up for it on their own that is on them.

The question I was asking was: If ChatGPT is for users 18 and older, how can the IB say that students can use it when most students are under 18? 

No comments:

Post a Comment