Friday, March 3, 2023

Writing with ChatGPT

Made with Craiyon, Prompt: w a storyboard of a robot who gets lost in the forest 


I have recently been working with small groups of Grade 5 and 6 students in their Unit of Inquiry about how people use technology to communicate. We are focusing on AI.

Today I was working with a few groups of Grade 5 students. I started by activating their prior knowledge with a quick Baamboozle (www.baamboozle.com).

I then challenged students to try to write a prompt for ChatGPT that would produce a story that matched a storyboard I found online. They did this on a shared Google Doc. After they finished their prompts, I wrote the prompts into ChatGPT and then pasted their stories into the Doc.

After they read their stories I asked a few reflection questions.
- What do you notice about the writing?
- What would you edit about this writing?
- What stage in the writing cycle do you think an AI tool would be most useful?

The next step for this group of students is exploring ways to write effective prompts.



Made with Craiyon, Prompt: draw a storyboard of a robot who gets lost in the forest 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment