Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Search Websites from the Omnibox

* Omnibox is the URL/search area at the very top of your browser.

The Omnibox on the Brave Browser


I recently reinstalled my browser and some of my settings were changed. One pain point for me was that I could no longer search YouTube and Drive right from the Omnibox. It is easy to go to the site and type in the search terms, but it takes time - every click counts.

What I could do before was to type in youtube.com and press the TAB key*, and I would be able to search right from there. It was really convenient. 

I was trying to remember the fancy code like below:

https://drive.google.com/drive/search?q=%s

Today I went into the Chrome Settings and found that Chrome has these settings right in the browser.

To activate it:
  1. Open Settings
  2. Click on Search Engine on the left menu
  3. Click Manage Search Engines
  4. Click activate next to the sites you want




* TAB can be changed with the space bar in the settings.





No comments:

Post a Comment