Thursday, October 20, 2022

Using Data for Student Support

While in an SEN team meeting, I was a little confused about the data we were looking at in the system. We were looking at data from an online reading app, but the data was in ranges. All it showed us was the average from certain ranges, but we didn't know when interventions happened and what the intervention or strategy was so we could see if it worked.

My idea was to collect baseline data before a strategy was implemented. Then once that was collected, we would start tracking the progress.

In the example below, there are four reading skills we are tracking. At the top is a dropdown that will show the skills. When a skill is chosen, the average appears.





Then I thought of a scenario where you would want to see scores in a range. I don't know how to do that off the top of my head, but I knew I could do it with checkboxes. So the second way is to use checkboxes to find the average of the scores. 





No comments:

Post a Comment