Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Moving Workshops Into The Faculty Lounge



Part of my responsibilities when I was a technology coach was to conduct regular workshops on tech topics as a way to move the faculty forward in their knowledge and skills.

Most of the time, the workshops were during the "lunch hour" (Although this period of time stretched out over two hours. Maybe lunch period would be more suitable?) They were also held after school quite a bit. These periods of time were chosen based on surveys given to teachers, and feedback received from teachers.

At the beginning of the second year, I wondered what would happen if I moved the workshops I delivered the heart of the action, the faculty room.

I wanted there to be people to be in the vicinity. The idea was to have people who thought they did not have the time for the workshops to at least get ideas or tips in passing.

No comments:

Post a Comment