Monday, December 14, 2015

The Words Left Unsaid

I often think about what I did or said and relive moments in my life trying to think of ways I could have made them better. It's weird and it is probably not healthy, but this is the way I have been since I remember. If unchecked it can spiral into rumination.


summer fireworks in Japan
Recently I feel left wondering if I  could have said something in a different way after an encounter with someone. Questions like these race around my head:

  • Could I have extended the conversation? 
  • Could I have been nicer?
  • Could I have been more engaging?
  • Could I have left a question more inviting? 
  • How could I have made my conversation partner feel better? 

Don't Wait

There was another post in my drafts entitled "don't wait". I decided to combine these posts since there seemed to be a theme running through both of them.

That theme - there is never a good time, so don't wait. Don't wait to say what you want to say. Don't put things off. If you are meaning to talk with someone, head down the hall and do it. The sooner the better.




No comments:

Post a Comment