Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Let's Dance!


I just came across this picture I took earlier in the year.

This is a picture from one of my favorite days this year. On this day, some students in the grade 5/6 class organized dance lessons for the other elementary students.

The session was run during recess by a fifth grader who brought together those students interested in learning some dance moves. It was amazing to see how interested in dancing the students were - even the more energetic boys enjoyed it without the shenanigans.

The dance instructor for the day led the students through some moves, and then at the end she put it all together. It was great to see students taking action. I loved that this student had a passion that she wanted to share with others - and then she did it.

What can I do to encourage my students to better follow their passions next year?

No comments:

Post a Comment