Thursday, November 29, 2012

More, More, More

This year I have tried taking more time for reflection on learning.

At the end of our first unit, all those moons ago, I tried a switch to a different way of having the students do their portfolios. I tried using one of Kath Murdoch's reflection sheets - Targeting Your Learning. I chose this particular one because I thought the coloring and the targets looked the most friendly for grade ones and twos.


That first time I had the students reflect on their work in this way, many of the students had forgotten the assignments they had chosen to reflect on. From there I decided to have them reflect right after they complete a task. Of course, there is not always time to do that, but the more we do it, the smoother it goes.

For my next unit, I want my students to even more reflection on their learning, as well as reflection about how they learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment