Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Why Should Teachers Use the ISTE Standards

Part of the Technology Coach action plan for our school is to introduce the ISTE standards to teachers. Since I will be leading this PD, I will need to be able to answer the questions of "why do we need this?"


Every journey begins with a single step. Maya Angelou by thammerlund


Why?

... the age-old school question. Students ask it, teachers ask it, you know administrators ask it, but aside from giving an overview of the standards, 

When I introduce this, I need to explain why we are doing this in my workshop. 

The three reasons I am considering now is:
  1. Standards give a goal that allows teachers to work backward,
  2. Standards help make connections to other subjects more visible which can inspire interdisciplinary learning; that idea of transfer,
  3. The ISTE Standards connect to our school-wide action plan and will help us come more inline with the accreditation bodies' recommendations as well as our own mission and vision.


Students collaborating using technology that enhances learning

No comments:

Post a Comment