Saturday, July 27, 2024

What is Your Lesson Flow?

When I was a teacher, there were times when I threw together an assessment. It happens, I know, but my life would have been easier had I planned better. 

  • Did I start with the unit standards and look at them?
  • Did I plan a final project or assessment that would allow the students to show they could meet the standards?
  • Did I make formative assessments that aligned with my unit plan?
  • Did I create a universal screener that showed me where students need help?



One thing I am trying to encourage teachers to do is to use a universal screener. As a learning support teacher, the universal screener gives me the data I need to better understand where students are. This gives me information about how I can group students to more efficiently support them.


Unit Concepts

Standards

Assessments / Outcomes

Create Universal Screener

Unit Plan / Path

Formative Assessments

Lesson Plans


No comments:

Post a Comment