Thursday, February 21, 2019

The Shock of What Students Really Think

A few weeks ago I sent a survey to my students to see what was on their mind. It connected to our learning with Google tools and I wanted to see what they would say.

After a few days, I checked in and was feeling good because I was rated highly and most kids said they liked school. I thought, "I got this."

Today when I was updating our Google Classroom, I saw the survey post in the class stream, so I decided to check.

When I looked at the bottom of the comments there was the following ...

If I had a problem and I say it to my teacher he always says "Ok I will tell them"and when I be good friends with them and I ask did Mr.H told you some thing then they always says no.


I know that students are not always the clearest when they talk. They are also prone to hyperbole, but this comment really shocked me. While I know it is not an "always" occurrence, if it is happening sometimes, that feeling can stick with students and make them feel like it is always.

No comments:

Post a Comment