Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Reflect on Roles and Trust


Behaviors That Build Trust in the Workplace

  • Acts consistently and responsibly
  • Listens attentively to others' ideas
  • Uses communication skills to promote open discussion
  • Keeps promises and commitments
  • Is open minded
  • Advocates for others
  • Communicates accurately, openly and honestly
  • Treats others with respect
  • Displays compassion for others
  • Shows confidence in others' abilities
  • Respects others' time
  • Maintains a strong focus on teaching and learning
  • Strives to be knowledgeable
  • Is committed to personal success for self and others
  • Listens to and values what others say
  • Actively encourages others



Really? I am supposed to choose those that would be critical for me to adopt? They are all important. Of the above behaviors, I chose the following five:

  • Listens attentively to others' ideas
  • Advocates for others
  • Communicates accurately, openly and honestly
  • Maintains a strong focus on teaching and learning
  • Is committed to personal success for self and others

And after grouping them, and arranging them in order of importance ...



Maintains a strong focus on teaching and learning

Listens attentively to others' ideas
Communicates accurately, openly and honestly

Is committed to personal success for self and others
Advocates for others



I try to keep the focus of what I do on student learning and I believe that technology integrated well follows good teaching. 

The next level I have grouped two behaviors that deal with communication. I think I put these here because I believe that a good coach needs to be able to listen well. 

The last set of behaviors is about building trust with those I serve. After all, it is the teachers who make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment