Tuesday, March 11, 2014

iPad Book Creator App and Dropbox Part 1

Embarking on my COETAIL final project, I found myself collaborating with two other classes to make a book about each of our schools which will lead to another project about communities. 



The app of choice is called Book Creator. I really like the app so far since it is easy for the students to get the hang of it. One of my more tech-savvy second graders tried it for the first time today after being out last week when we started with it, and it was amazing to see him find his way around so quickly - not even the hidden buttons could hold back this digital native.

Since we will be sharing our books using Dropbox, I spent some time trying to figure out how this thing would work.

I tried Googling how to save to Dropbox and came across this blog post about how to do it with iOS 6, but it is slightly different with iOS 7.

Step 1

Click the "send" link.



Step 2

Click "Open with another App".




Step 3

From here you can save to Dropbox.


This is my first attempt at this so I am sure there will be more learning along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment