Friday, September 22, 2017

What's Working / What's Not

I'm about to finish the third fifth week of school so it's a good time to stop and think about what is going well and what is not.

Cheers

- The kids. They are a great bunch. First graders are a great group.
- There has been some great learning in the class, and some students have taken big steps already.
- I love Seesaw and can't wait how to use it better. Right now it has been just a moment recorder and tool for parent communication, but there is so much more I can do with it.

Challenges

- My room is not how I would like it to be. But I know that will come in time.
- I want to do more with anchor charts.
- The kids. They are first graders. They are so young.
- My own mental blockages. This is a case of not knowing what I don't know, so I need to know more. It's good that I have colleagues I can learn from.

Next Steps

Time has been my biggest challenge. I want to find a way to make time to collaborate with coworkers more.

I also want to find more ways to maximize the class time.

No comments:

Post a Comment