Monday, August 3, 2015

Getting Started

When I first started thinking of how I would begin with my new position as a Technology Coach, I had no idea where to begin. So I started reading whatever I could find.

The common theme that ran through all the blog posts, Tweets, videos, and articles was how being a coach was all about the relationships coaches develop with coachees. This made and makes sense.

Most people don't listen to those they don't have a good relationship with.

This goes for the student-teacher relationship, teacher-mentor relationship, teacher-administrator relationship ... all the relationships I can think of. Relationships will act as the foundation on which trust will be built.

Then I started thinking, and before relationships can be started, one must be grounded with themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment