Sunday, June 30, 2024

Closing Meetings with a Focus on what's Important



— Nancy in Lux (@NancyinLux1) June 29, 2024

This post on X got me ....

Let me start over.

This Tweet on Twitter got me thinking. I was thinking about how our inclusion learning support team conducts meetings and staff meetings overall.

Our faculty meetings use a two-column meeting agenda. In one column is the issue, and in column 2, is how it is responded to. Our SEN team adopted that same template in the beginning of last year. 

That meeting agenda did not work for me because it didn't always have an action item.

So, I looked around and found a template that had an additional column for action items. We ended up adapting it.  

I am still looking for a better meeting agenda template. I think for the time being, we need to put these items on the calendar.


before on the left and after on the right

Back to the Tweet. 

I really like these suggestions from Nancy. 

Every decision we make should be about the students or about teaching. I think it is good practice to reflect on them.

I guess I'll need to make a fourth column.

Please, please, add the agenda to the calendar event.

No comments:

Post a Comment