Monday, May 6, 2024

Allow for practice with feedback right away


Photo by Richard Sagredo on Unsplash


In my tennis lesson, we were using a kind of station rotation model. When I was working with the coach, he gave me feedback on the way I was hitting the ball. Right after that, I rotated to a different station and did not have a chance to practice what he had told me.

I felt a little cheated.

I wasn't mad at the coach, I understand his predicament, but I wanted to use the feedback he gave me, right away, so  I would not forget what I had been told. 

Then I wondered about my own students. 

Am I giving them time and space to act on my feedback? 
Or do I simply give it to them and send them on their way at the end of class?
How can I utilize technology to give feedback in a better way for students?

This would probably mean sitting with students to make sure that they understand the feedback as I give it and send them off to practice after giving it.

In other words, the workshop model.

Playing tennis in Taiwan on a hot day.

No comments:

Post a Comment