Monday, September 1, 2014

Dealing With Challenging Students

I came across this article on Teach Thought entitled, "Growing Closer To Your Most Challenging Students" and it inspired me. Of course, that was last week.

When I encounter a challenging student, I try to win them over. I do this by trying to get to know them better and building a bond with him or her.

By creating this relationship, more times than not the student will settle down. I usually learn something about him or her. By understanding where the behavior issues are coming from, I have more empathy and am able to handle issues that arise with more compassion.

This is not to say that issues disappear when a relationship is built, but rather that issues are able to be met with more understanding.

Time for recess duty.

No comments:

Post a Comment