Thursday, May 26, 2011

Integration

Today I sat down with my headmaster to talk about my goals for the year. We started talking about how things went, but it was was we started talking about next year that the conversation got interesting.

One of my goals this year was about how I taught reading and writing, and my headmaster and I started talking about ways I could better integrate reading and writing, as well as math, into the curriculum.

What was to be a 15-20 minute meeting turned into one hour and 10 minutes. Afterwards my head was spinning with ideas for next year like packages of math problems per unit and reading packs. I am also considering having each student build something like a portfolio for every unit where everything from the unit van be put.

I think I will have a busy summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment