Thursday, June 18, 2015

Smile Because It Happened



Today I there was a little good bye ceremony today at our last faculty meeting today, and as one of the leaving teachers, I cringed as we went around and people started giving speeches.

After 12 years abroad, I have seen many people come and go from my life, and the good-byes never get easier.

One colleague told me that she appreciated me "popping in" to classrooms and helping out when there. I didn't know how to respond to that.

I think it was hard to respond because that is just what I do. I like watching other teachers teach to get ideas for my own classroom. It is one of the reasons I enjoy talking with my colleagues. It helps me think and reflect on what I am doing.

I have been fortunate to work with inspiring educators.

No comments:

Post a Comment