Friday, November 9, 2018

Social Media Commenting ... on Paper

This year the third grade teacher and I are swapping classes once a week so my students can get a period of art, and her students can get a period of tech skills.

I agree with the decision to hold off on giving them their school email address for a few months, but it makes the lessons a little more challenging.

So, seeing as how they will, or most likely, are online I have spent the last few weeks doing offline responsibility activities. Talking about topics around questions like:
  • What does responsibility look like?
  • How can you be a good communicator?
  • What do you like people to say to you?
The Plan



Copy of the template.

I wanted the students to practice communicating online, and I had seen the fourth-grade teacher do an Instagram thing last year. Since Instagram is pretty popular, I went with it, but I didn't find an Instagram template mobile template I liked so I made the above one.

The students drew pictures of what they did over the autumn break. Next time they will add their avatar, choose an appropriate username, write a comment for their image and choose an appropriate hashtag for their post.

After that, they will do a gallery walk and look at others pictures and write a comment. If we have time, they will reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment