Monday, September 28, 2015

How Do You Know What You Don't Know?




Each week, well almost each week, I send out a survey seeing what questions the staff has. Sometimes I am able to deal with these inquiries by email. These always seem to be the kind of issues teachers have, but aren't worth the time seeking an answer.

Above is a section of my survey results. The highlighted box is what spawned this post.

How do I know what I don't know?

That is a good question. In fact, Donald Rumsfeld knew this too.



My question is: if you know there are things you don't know, what are you doing to find them? Do you talk with colleagues? Do you read more about your subject? Do you engage with others online?

And my question for myself is: How can I better support teachers who feel this way?

No comments:

Post a Comment